Goin' To The Chapel

This blog will follow the planning of Chad and Kristy's wedding, which will take place on July 12, 2008.

Monday, June 23, 2008

The Sound of Music

~~ “The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears” ~~


What is a wedding reception without music? I will answer your question with another question: What is a car without an engine?

Music, in the form of either a band or a disc jockey, is a wedding reception must. The choices are numerous, and in this case, left almost entirely to me, the groom. So, let me tell you, I think I made a great choice- and so far, my mother and Kristy seem to agree.

For the past three groomal shows, I have been scouting out DJs, in addition to tasting cake samples. I talked with numerous potentials, but almost immediately decided on Elite Music Service. All of the other DJs seemed to range along the standard of aged rockers to kids my age that will play what they like. The one I chose was the only one that I could carry on a conversation with at the wedding show and at our first two meetings.

My mother and I met with him about a year ago and signed him on the spot, and then Kristy and I met with him a few weeks ago and, despite her prior apprehensions, was incredibly pleased with my choice. It is a fact that 78% of brides one week after their wedding wish they spent more money on the reception entertainment and made it a higher priority. I hope that it all works out and Kristy does not become just another statistic of disappointed brides who have been let down by their reception music. With everyone’s’ help, we can make this a great reception and not allow Kristy to become just another number. So, let your hearts be filled with the "Sound of Music."

Disclaimer: The Sound of Music may make an appearance at the wedding reception; however, the movie, soundtrack or any of its representatives have endorsed our wedding. Therefore, you will have to listen closely for SoM songs. Michael Bublé on the other hand, if I am not mistaken, has endorsed the wedding and has been given prime time exposure during the cocktail hour.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaaay Michael Bubbles!

8:48 PM, June 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home