Goin' To The Chapel

This blog will follow the planning of Chad and Kristy's wedding, which will take place on July 12, 2008.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Cutest Photographer Ever

One of the most important aspects of wedding planning in my mind is choosing a photographer. This is the person who will capture all the moments of the most important day of your life. The photographer should be someone who has the capability and vision to tell the story of your wedding day in a way that is meaningful for the married couple. Enter Kim Klein.

We first came across Kim Klein at The Wedding Show in January of 2006 only a week or so after getting engaged. Her exhibit showed the photo journalistic style that I was after, meaning less posed pictures and more candid. She wasn't at the booth, since she was off nursing her newborn, but her husband was there and Chad and I were both very impressed with his support of her career and his sales techniques. However, it was a little early to sign a contract and we hadn't looked around yet, so we waited.

We checked out other photographers, but none of them impressed me as much as Kim Klein. There were some photographers that I had experienced before for school or sports and they were traditional in that most pictures were posed. They either wouldn't or couldn't take the risk to try and take a random enjoyable moment and put it on film. And that is fine for most people, but I just wanted a little something extra for our wedding day.

The following year at the Wedding Show we knew that our decision had been made. After a year of looking at Kim Klein's website, we were determined to meet her and probably try and put our deposit down to ensure our date was saved. We approached the booth and knew immediately who she was because, of course, she turned out to be adorable, just like her photos. I must admit that I became a bit bashful, finally meeting the photographer who I idolized for quite some time. Luckily, my mom, Sarah, and Chad did most of the talking and we walked away victorious, with Kim Klein reserved as our wedding photographer.

All of our interactions with Kim have been amazing so far. She now seems like an old friend after all of our answering machine messages back and forth and getting our engagement pictures taken with her. On our wedding day, it will be such a relief to know that we have a photographer who we are comfortable with and who will capture all the little things that happen. One more thing to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home