Goin' To The Chapel

This blog will follow the planning of Chad and Kristy's wedding, which will take place on July 12, 2008.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2nd Annual "Groomal" Show

A few weekends ago was the Wedding Show in Shopko Hall. Since many of the major decisions have already been made, this year was much more focused, but just as exciting as last year. However, I forgot the promised preparatory step of making mailing labels with all of Kristy and my information so neither of us would have to write. By the time I remembered, it was too late, but I still had time to do my finger calisthenics and stretches enabling me to write as many times as we needed to. Maybe next year we will have labels...

This year, for us at least, began outside in the parking lot. This is because Lamers had parked a large, uncompromising and red trolley in front of the doors. This caught Kristy's eye, as she rides a trolley at school and seems to want one for the wedding. We walked by with me scuttling Kristy away from the trolley's gravitational field. Eventually, we made it to the doors and entered the fantasy world of hard-nosed brides not afraid to lower their shoulders and push through the lines in what has to be the most complete homage to NFL running backs.

When we entered, Kristy again got the sticker exclaiming our engagement, while I had to walk around without one again. Next year, with the labels, maybe I will print myself a sticker that exclaims that I am not just a creepy guy infiltrating the world of brides, but a GROOM trying to find a DJ and trying all the cake vendors and a lot of other important things.

This year, we weaved our way around the entire show in less than an hour. I gathered all of the information on DJs that were present and sampled various sweets. I also signed us up for numerous things. I was really hoping to win the spa treatment for myself, but maybe next year. When we got to the Lamers station, Kristy implored about the trolley. The man really had no idea about any of their products, but assured us that the trolley was more expensive than their coach bus. That dampened the celebratory mood a tad, but it may have helped evade the brightest RED trolley that has ever existed.

There is some other news to share about the Groomal Show. However, I will let Kristy do it, as she will do her justice in a way that only Kristy can. One more thing, as we were leaving the show, at the behest of Kristy, we all went into the trolley. It is bright yellow, which accents the bright red wonderfully, almost like a LEGOS constructed vehicle. It was also fairly to severely uncomfortable, as they had wooden park benches for seats and a hard steel shell that seemed needlessly obtrusive near the driver's seat.

Anyway, the 2nd annual Groomal Show was a success. I completed all of my objectives and have many more ideas to make the 3rd annual Groomal Show even more of a success. 2-shay!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaay for updates! It takes you two forAVAR to blog.

I can't do the accent when Kristy isn't here, it's just not the same...(forAVAR or A-VERything)

TM

10:40 PM, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Steph said...

Gordon has yet to attend a show with me...maybe you could sit him down and have a talk, Chad.

While you mention it, what do you guys think about DJs? We'll probably have some of our very talented friends play music for the ceremony but we want them to relax at the reception. I was thinking about having a DJ for at least the last half of the night when the cheesier/dancier music begins to play, if not the whole time. I get to this predicament though. Do you think those national/state-wide cookie cutter DJs are good or do you think it's safer to go local? Local would have more invested in our event and would probably care more, like the difference between a mom and pop shop versus a national chain. On the other hand, people in Sheboygan aren't that talented for the most part and if I go with one of those big corporations I can specify what style I want my DJ to have and what type of guy/girl I want to show up. They are also usually more experienced and have better ways of knowing what you want played and what you don't. Have you tackled this issue yet?

-Steph
(I'm sorry if this posts twice, my computer seems to be having problems adjusting to the new blogger/google)

6:16 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home