So... Do You Wanna Be Famous!?! Nah... I have a Facial.
Ring....
Ring....
Krsity: Hello?
"Hi. This is the casting director of Public Enemies. I know this is short notice, being Saturday and all, but we would like you to be in a scene filming Monday. Can you do it?"
Kristy (responding immediately, without skipping a beat, almost as if she was expecting the call and had been dreaming about this opportunity all of her life): No, I am babysitting. Thanks, though.
Now, I did not hear the person on the other end of the phone, but imagine their end of the conversation going something like:
....okay. Ummm... Are you sure? You do know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You might be on screen with Johnny Depp or Christian Bale in a major Hollywood movie that is already getting Oscar buzz (for 2010!) and will be huge coming out July 1, 2009. Are you positive you cannot be an extra, I am sure someone can cover your 'babysitting' for you.
(Hypothetical) Kristy: Oh, yeah. Someone probably could, but I also have a facial scheduled. So.... yeah. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
(Hypothetical) Response: Wow. I really do not know what to say.... You know, this is a paid extra position. We will actually pay you to experience something very few people do in their lifetime.
(Hypothetical) Kristy: Sorry. I'll probably alway remember my facial...
I think that is probably enough. Kristy shocked a lot of people by flippantly turning down the extra role. Jackie, Jennifer, my mother, my father, her father and mother were quite taken aback with the news.
However, in her tardy but oft-mentioned defense, she would have had to cut her hair. Kristy, I hope your facial was amazing. You deserved it and will look amazing with all of your hair in just over 19 days. Love Ya!
Ring....
Krsity: Hello?
"Hi. This is the casting director of Public Enemies. I know this is short notice, being Saturday and all, but we would like you to be in a scene filming Monday. Can you do it?"
Kristy (responding immediately, without skipping a beat, almost as if she was expecting the call and had been dreaming about this opportunity all of her life): No, I am babysitting. Thanks, though.
Now, I did not hear the person on the other end of the phone, but imagine their end of the conversation going something like:
....okay. Ummm... Are you sure? You do know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You might be on screen with Johnny Depp or Christian Bale in a major Hollywood movie that is already getting Oscar buzz (for 2010!) and will be huge coming out July 1, 2009. Are you positive you cannot be an extra, I am sure someone can cover your 'babysitting' for you.
(Hypothetical) Kristy: Oh, yeah. Someone probably could, but I also have a facial scheduled. So.... yeah. Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.
(Hypothetical) Response: Wow. I really do not know what to say.... You know, this is a paid extra position. We will actually pay you to experience something very few people do in their lifetime.
(Hypothetical) Kristy: Sorry. I'll probably alway remember my facial...
I think that is probably enough. Kristy shocked a lot of people by flippantly turning down the extra role. Jackie, Jennifer, my mother, my father, her father and mother were quite taken aback with the news.
However, in her tardy but oft-mentioned defense, she would have had to cut her hair. Kristy, I hope your facial was amazing. You deserved it and will look amazing with all of your hair in just over 19 days. Love Ya!

2 Comments:
I'm speechless
Okay, I must clarify that Kristy was babysitting because her aunt was scheduled to deliver a baby that day. So in spite of the fact that yes, we could have gotten another family member to step in, it was a pretty exciting day as it was!
I think it will take Chad years to get over this. :-)
MOB
Post a Comment
<< Home